Thursday, August 18, 2011

And Away We Go!

Hot air balloons seem pretty cool. I'd like to have a ride in
one someday.
I wrote this two months ago and I am finally posting it 8/18/2011. I've had issues, it happens :-) I have several posts saved up, so over the next week, I should have new[ish] posts every few days. I have hopes that this will be an awesome blog. I want to tell you about myself, and I want to hear about you! I'm Evelyn, nice you meet you!

Howdy! Before we get started I feel that I should warn you; this blog will be Not Safe For Work (NSFW). I've decided that this blog will be about me and my new family unit and that it will be a no holds barred account of our daily lives. We are new parents of a three month old human baby, live with my parents, and we still manage to have sex!

In fact, having sex is how I got the idea to start this blog. The idea came to me when we were having sex and I looked back and could see the baby's legs bouncing up and down (we practice safe co-sleeping, although when I re-read this sentence it really makes me laugh) and he was still asleep. I thought it was hysterical and that other people might also think so because the same thing may have happened with them. If it has, I'd like to hear about it! Tell me about it in the comments or e-mail hautemilkmomma@gmail.com .

Then I thought that I could add to this blog as I go. Projects I'm attempting and whatnot.

I'm a breastfeeding momma which is simultaneously the best and worst thing about being a mom, depending on your mood. When you're tired and cranky and the only one who can feed the baby it can be frustrating, but then your baby looks up at you and smiles and melts your heart and that it the best thing ever.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At August 22, 2011 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Lisa McCorkell said...

I can't say that DH and I have ever had sex while DS was in the bed with us, but we don't full time co-sleep either. We used to do it with him in the co-sleeper next to the bed when he was a newborn.

Now, we've debating if we are bad parents for turning on Yo Gabba Gabba in the living room for 14mo DS while we enjoy quick morning sex after we all wake up. The episodes are 20 minutes long, which is just enough time!

I have a question for you though: do you feel like your sex drive isn't what it used to be? I do. Not sure if it's the stress or the mothering hormones. Any thoughts on that?

 
At August 23, 2011 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Evelyn @ HauteMilk said...

I don't think you're bad parents for that, if it keeps him entertained while you're "brown chicken brown cow" then that is awesome.

I do feel like my sex drive is not at all what it used to be. I attribute most of that to the fact that my body just had a small person pushed out of it and doesn't want to do that again until it has recovered.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home