Wednesday, October 26, 2011

How do you keep your family from sneaking your child food?

 At home I don't have a problem with this (yet). However, with the holidays coming up I know this is going to be an issue. When BB was 3 or 4 months old (I can't remember anything anymore) a cousin of mine gave him a lick off her spoon of ice cream. I was so pissed off! And I couldn't coherently explain why it was a bad thing to do. I think I said that babies intestines aren't sealed up yet and she just kind of laughed at me like I was stupid. I could have explained it better if I hadn't been flabbergasted by her flippant behavior.

A few weekends ago we had a small family gathering for those who had October birthdays (really it was for one person, but I showed up anyway because I don't want people knowing that I'm a terrible bitter person, but lets face it, I am). I made a special bib for the occasion so no one that could read the English language could say that they didn't know any better. I made a picture and I ironed it onto the back of a different bib.
You are welcome to use this, although I don't know who made the monster picture.
 Just remember to mirror the image before printing or it will be wrong when you iron it on.




So, I had my bib safety net in place and it worked a treat, but it didn't stop people from telling my 7 month old baby (who is not yet eating solids) that his mommy was mean and wouldn't let him have cake and ice cream. Really? Really!? For serious. This shit happened. I just don't know what to do to make them shut the fug up about it.

Perhaps I can glean some information from other people in internet land.
So, how do you keep your extended family from feeding your kid crap? 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home