Thursday, August 18, 2011

Breastfeeding Celebration

When babies attack!
I'm so glad I didn't get my blog going sooner, because if I had I probably wouldn't have discovered Blog Hopping.

When I was pregnant, I knew I was going to breastfeed and that was it. There was no try, only do. It was difficult at first. Baby latched great we just needed to practice. We were doing well, but I was having a few comfort issues so I finally went to a breastfeeding group at my local hospital at 3 weeks. The LC gave me some pointers and they helped pretty much immediately and I now wish I had gone as soon as I could right after baby was born.

My friend had a baby and I told her she should go ASAP, and she did. It was really hard for her because baby was 3 days old and she was emotional and didn't have a good breastfeeding support at home. She later told me that she would have given up if I hadn't told her about it. Her baby is 8 weeks old now, and they are still having a rough time, but she is not going to give up and I am very proud of her. Especially since her family keeps pressuring her to supplement with formula.

I celebrate breastfeeding my doing it everywhere. I hope by doing this I encourage other breastfeeding moms to breastfeed wherever they are and not go hide somewhere. Breastfeeding is normal, not weird or gross, and I want to take it back. I plan to keep pumping after my baby self weans so I can donate. I find that I really love being a milk maker! Doesn't hurt that it makes my boobs HUGE.

I will have breastfed for 5 months this upcoming Saturday. My goal/milestone will be 1 year EBF, so far so good!

This is my first Blog Hop, please let me know if I need to fix anything! I'm still trying to figure out how to add people with the GFC thing. Today I am technologically challenged.





Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At August 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM , Blogger mrsgregwillis said...

Congrats, and welcome to the blog hop! :)

 
At August 18, 2011 at 9:49 PM , Blogger Jen - LifeWithLevi said...

Congrats on the 5 month milestone!! I think it's awesome that you want to donate. I've donated a few times, both as an individual and as part of a group donation. It's a really rewarding experience.

Glad you found the Breastfeeding Blog Hop! We have a different topic every week. I keep them posted on my sidebar (http://www.lifewithlevi.com/breastfeeding-blog-hop), and the linky is always open on Thursdays & Fridays. I hope you'll continue to join in - it's a great group of women and we all support each other!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home