Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Remember When... Wednesday

I remember, what seems like a lifetime ago, when my friends and I would change costumes 2-3 times on Halloween. We would empty our candy bags so people wouldn't skimp out on us on our subsequent go rounds. We had awesome Halloween sleepover parties. It was always so much fun. Now it just sounds like a ridiculous amount of work. Especially as I can now just go out and buy the candy that I want. And sleeping anywhere but my own bed just sounds awful.

I do miss those those days a bit. I can't believe I've passed the tenth anniversary of my sixteenth birthday. I'm all grown up now. Crazy how these things happen eh?

I also remember 10 years ago, when my cat was 8 years old and was not batshit crazy. She does this thing where a balled up sock or some other inanimate object becomes her kitten. It is inanimate, so it doesn't move, so she thinks it it a dead kitten. She will then begin to yowl over this sock, or in this morning's case, BB's toy mouse. There used to be a pile of socks that she brought into the garage to mourn. It's sad, but irritating because I'm usually asleep when she does this and now my new super mom ears pick up cat cries as well as baby cries. So I become un-asleep.

I should get up this early all the time.

*Upon further reflection, I should not get up that early all the time. Today is Tuesday, not Wednesday.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home