Thursday, September 29, 2011

Night Weaning: Why I Hope It Never Happens

Obviously it will happen at some point in time, but hopefully not until after Baby Bear is at least two years old. Here's why, Lactational Amenorrhea! It isn't fool proof, especially now that BB is 6 months old, but I never go longer than four hours during the day, or six hours at night without feeding him; I don't plan to for as long as I can help it. We have not yet started solids and I'm not going to give him juice or water when I can BF him, or give him BM in a cup.

We bedshare, which really makes the whole night feeding issue a non-issue. BB will start to get a little restless in his sleep, I barely wake up to put a breast in his face, he latches on and I don't really know what happens after that because I am already back to sleep.

Long story short, I'm not in any hurry to night wean because I get plently of sleep. It will happen in it's own non-stressful time.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home