Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Vegan, Ovo-Vegetarian, Traitor.

3 years ago? I don't even remember now. So, let's go with a few years ago. A few years ago my mom read a book called Skinny Bitch. She gave it to me, and I read it and I went vegan cold turkey, *bu dum chh* ! It really wasn't that hard to do. The only difficult part was not eating stuff with dairy, because dairy is in EVERYTHING. Also, cheese is delicious. So, for 9 months I ate a vegan diet. Then I started eating eggs because I'm poor and lazy. So I became an ovo-vegetarian. I basically did this to eat better and lose weight. Without exercise I lost 35 pounds over about 2 years.

Time went by. I got pregnant. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was super lazy, and super nary so every once in a while I'd eat salmon, chicken, or turkey. After BB was born, I've had a hard time doing anything. Partially because I'm an AP parent. Mostly because I'm LAZY. When I have spare time I spend it unwisely. Luckily, I haven't gained a ton of weight back. I think I'm high 130, low 140. I used to be 165 at 5'1" however I haven't looked in the days after my birthday. I don't plan to either, it doesn't matter that much to me right now.

I got a little off track there. I eat chicken about twice a week now and I feel like a traitor to myself. I went vegetarian to help myself. It really wasn't about the animals. So, starting January first, I'll be going ovo-vegetarian again. I really do hate the labels though. I'm me, and I eat what I eat. Starting January I'll be eating better. I might even start showering more often (whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves here eh?)! Ha ha ha.

Speaking of showering (which I did in fact do today), I brought BB in with me to sit on the floor and play with some toys. I didn't think about the fact that my shower is a shower curtain shower, not a shower door shower. This means that if you're not under the water, you're probably cold because of the breeze. So BB kept crawling to my legs and I was getting soapy water all over him. So I had to rinse off and pick him up. He was hella cold! Poor child. So we played under the warm water. Then I put him down so I could put a towel on, then put his towel on. Hindsight is 20/20. When I got his towel he had started to crawl, slipped, and ate it in the shower. It echoed. He cried. I wrapped him up in the towel and had to proclaim upon my exit from the bathroom that I had in fact not dropped him, as he was already on the ground.

I'm glad BB has such a hard head!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home