Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goodbye chocolate, you cruel mistress.

So, I've decided to go paleo/gluten free in an effort to stop my intestines from bleeding. I haven't started yet because I have to go shopping, but the whole thing is kind of confusing. I'm having a very difficult time trying to sort out what I want to eat. I was going to go back to vegetarianism, which was easy for me. But I read about gluten intolerance and how people with IBS and other gastrointestinal issues saw great improvement when eliminating gluten from their diet. One search lead to another and I found the caveman/paleo diet. Except it isn't a diet it is a lifestyle change. I can do it, I'm just kind of at a loss where to begin. I wanted to stop eating meat not eat a bunch of it. In my test run I had a lovely meal of ginger lime salmon, but I appear to be allergic to salmon. So that really sucked because salmon was going to be my go-to meat. I guess I'll just have to jump in, go for it, and see where it takes me.

Goodbye all processed foods. I will miss your deliciousness, but not the way you affect my GI tract.

Coke and coffee, I think I'll miss you the most.

Much love,

Me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home