Monday, August 22, 2011

Hot blooded, check out this jive

I had a fever of 105! 


Uuuuurgent, Emergency! 
So after the boot camp my right boob started hurting and I thought I had a plugged duct.
I got a slight fever that night 99.2. Yesterday (Sunday) I felt like I was dying. I ached everywhere and my head was killing me. Fever got higher and higher, and at 10 last night I had to go to the ER because my temp was 105. No Bueno. I managed to pee on my shorts when I was giving my sample, because I'm a superstar, and I swear they took a cup of blood out of me. I got blood drawn from both elbows AND my wrist. I gather that the wrist draw was from an artery. That hurt a bunch. They gave me a ton of fever reducers and an antibiotic shot in the buttock and proclaimed Mastitis. Baby Bear did okay for 5 hours without me, my mom said BB is the best baby ever because no hissy fit was thrown. I'm glad I got to go home. I would much rather feed BB myself then have to pump, and I didn't want to bring BB to the hospital because of the wonderful germs.


The last time I had a fever that high I was 5 and they put me in an ice bath and it was awful. I remember them giving me a rubber bear with ABC blocks like it would make me feel better. Really nurse? You're trying to kill me and you think this toy will make me okay with it?


Ugh. So now I've got to take antibiotics for 10 days and cross my fingers that I don't get thrush. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home