Friday, August 24, 2012

ReBlog - Zen Parenting: My Own Time Magazine Cover

Zen Parenting: My Own Time Magazine Cover: I don't know why Time Magazine didn't ask ME to pose for their cover. With this one shot, I could've shown the world EXACTLY what it's like...

I always feel like I have nothing to blog about until I leave a comment on someone else's blog. I usually have a lot to say, but I get thwarted by the limited capabilities of my iPad, or my toddler. Usually both at the same time. It has taken me 20 minutes to type this out so far. I have to keep shutting the lid and telling the little Monster that we don't play with the laptop. I'm also not used to this laptop and I keep sending my cursor all over the place without realizing it and typing out sentences in the void of space.

I saw the above blog post on the Peaceful Parenting Facebook page. I wasn't a reader before, but I am now! I just love how real it is. The picture is worth much more than 1000 words.

A few commenters thought it was gross or crossing a boundary, but most of them had been there too. I've certainly had this happen many times. With my digestive issues, there have been days that I've been to the restroom upwards of 8 times, sometimes spending a really long time sitting with intestinal cramping waiting for something to happen. Unless it was nap time, this kid would come and find me. If the door is shut, he will knock and yell until I let him in, so I just don't shut the door anymore.

Since we are still living with my parents, this can cause interesting and embarrassing situations. The last time I ate something with gluten I was sitting on the toilet with the door open so the little Monster could find me. My dad happened to walk by and looked at me weird and I just said, "Sorry, this is how I roll now."

Another great thing my child does while I'm sitting on the toilet is... steals the toilet paper! He always manages to do this when it is the last roll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home